The Evans Four

blogging about our life as a family

Post-Thanksgiving Post December 1, 2008

Filed under: holidays,illness,tejas,travels — aarontori @ 12:01 PM

Hello all. We had a good visit with my Dad, Phyllis, Grandma Heath, and Jay Lee. We got there at about 10:30 on Wednesday morning. Just to clarify the reason that I couldn’t drive was because I was wearing my glasses because my contact had torn, not because I have horrible vision at night or anything. The glasses prescription is a year behind my contacts. The hotel room was very nice and comfortable with the best bed I’ve ever slept on. We got up at 7:30, got ready, and had some warm breakfast before heading out. I drove us while Aaron rested some more.

On Wednesday we went to lunch with my dad and Jay. Then we took Jay to Wal-Mart to pick out a gift with the birthday money we gave him. It was very fun. We hung out at home, making lists of things we’d need for Thanksgiving dinner and then ate dinner at TB’s (a really good barbecue place).

I got up at just after 7 on Thursday and Phyllis and I started the turkey (in the new fancy electric roaster they got us). We cooked until about noon and then took everything across the street to Grandma’s and had a very tasty Thanksgiving lunch. It was pretty good for my first time making the Thanksgiving feast. Everything came out really well. Aaron did the dishes and we put away leftovers. Then we spent the rest of the day watching football, doing homework, and pretty much lounging about.

On Friday we drove to San Antonio to meet up with my sister Cindi and her new husband David. They got married on Wednesday. We picked them up downtown and then met my nephew, Jarrod at the Alamo Cafe. It was a very tasty and filling lunch, and a nice visit. Jarrod’s dad came and picked him up and we dropped Cindi and David back off downtown and drove home. We got back to Del Rio a little after 8. We stopped at the Skillet for dinner, and that’s when my throat started to hurt.

I went to bed before 10 on Friday and woke up with a fever on Saturday. I spent all day Saturday on the couch feeling crummy. My throat hurt and my joints all hurt too. My fever would go away for a little while when I took medicine, but kept coming back. Saturday was pretty yucky and we just watched football all day.

Sunday morning we got up and I still felt bad. I took a shower, which totally wiped me out. We got everything together (and by we I mean Aaron) and left about 11. We got home just after 6.

This morning Aaron took me up to the UNT health center and I’ve got strep throat. They gave me a HUGE painful shot of penicillin in my lower back. They said that I will be contagious for 24 hours still after the shot, but should feel MUCH better tomorrow. Aaron is at the store getting a few things (like a new toothbrush for me and some lysol spray). I am at home in bed and waiting for this medicine to start kicking in. I haven’t been able to eat because my throat hurts too much so I’m hoping that I can get some food in me tonight so I’m not too weak to go to class tomorrow. Finals are next week and I just can’t afford to miss.

So other than the strep, we had a really good visit. Hopefully I’ll be back to myself again by tomorrow morning. Let’s just hope that I didn’t get anyone else sick, especially Aaron since he’s been sleeping next to me and closed up in the car with me.

P.S. I promise I’ll get the wedding pictures loaded soon, as you can probably guess I wasn’t as productive over the break as I thought I was going to be.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s